Tuesday 22 September 2009

Baby steps... baby breaths,

I have taken too seriously thinking about taking my writing a lot more serious. I have for many years had this ambition to write something of substance. But I am constantly finding obstacles. But I wonder sometimes if my stepping stones are merely just excuses. And I have to just find my head and simply kick it into action.

My theory for the last few months has been to set myself little happy moments of feelings of niceness. I mean that I set myself up for something which I know will please me. Anything from buying a new CD or book, to buying a Latte or going to see Bat for lashes in a few weeks. I am trying to surround myself with new memories that I am able to control. I am scared of not being in control of what may be happening to me. I have in the past been very happy with a spontanious life. But of late I can’t hack it. So I please myself with these little treats. Anything that gives me a happy chill. Take for instance my new grey trousers I bought last week. I love them, teamed up with my black boots and a long sleeve black top I feel great. I have not felt like that for ages. My insecurities were raging. But I am now shifting in smiles with making myself feel good inside and out.

Saturday I will check out the new Darwin centre at the Science museum (wearing my new trousers, hahha).

Baby steps... baby breaths,

1 comment:

  1. Hey T.....

    Life is about baby steps, baby breathe, especially if you had a eventful year. Sometimes it's easier just to go with the flow.

    C

    ReplyDelete